Sunday, February 24, 2008

Reflections on the 'Bridge" dream

STEP 29 REFLECTIONS ON THE DREAM

If you've been following along in my journey, you know that I've been on this writing stage for over a month. All along I've been telling you and myself of the need to activate beliefs or they die, to share with others in order to DO, that a person alone can do nothing. But NOTHING is precisely what I've done. My son has offered to build me a web sight to help me communicate but I've procrastinated and haven't gotten back to him.
I'm scared. I'd rather sit back and write to myself, make believing that that is enough. I'm afraid and dread the attention/looks/scorn?/pressure/scepticism/that might be directed my way if/when I start to really travel.
So, once more, an answer(s) have come my way. From God? Or my own convictions? Who knows? Who cares? Not me. I know that if I don't do what I know is my calling, I will be miserable and incomplete. I know that I am not up to the job, whatever it is. I know that much of what I bring, much of the baggage I have brought along is inadequate and might have to be discarded. I can only hope that many unseen others will be going my way and will give me a hand. In short, I have to trust a bit and get on with what is my best.
But I'd rather be sailing! And my boat is ready!
(I have had a love/fear relationship with my father. In reflecting upon the dream, its most wonderful gift was at the very end of the vision, he appeared. After going over some of the details of the bridge, where he put in his 'two cent's worth', we shared a warm and lasting hug. Just the memory of that enbrace brings tears to my eyes.)

“The object of teaching a child is to enable him/her to get along without the teacher.” - Elbert Hubbard

No comments: